The Village Green
What is it?
The Village Green is a mini real-life world where children get the chance to role play their possible future – doctor, firefighter, barista, daycare worker, farmer, cafe owner, chef, you name it!
This pop-up play experience celebrates all the magic of creative role-playing, allowing children to try their hand at a variety of occupations, and learn more about each one along the way in a ‘village-like’ atmosphere.
The space features eight key play stations with relevant props and dress ups. These include a:
- Fire station
- Daycare centre
- Building site
- Doctor’s surgery
- Cafe with an alfresco area
- Market stall
- Bright ‘village green’ theming with green grass underfoot & wooden truss roof stalls
- 8 different play stations
- Appropriate dress up clothes in each station
- Interactive props such as pretend chickens, wooden eggs, vineyard with grapes, veggie patch, fruit tree, doctor’s equipment, shopping trolleys & prams
- Two educators/supervisors to guide children & keep the areas tidy
- Long central benches for parents to take a break, or enjoy a pretend meal or coffee prepared by their little chefs & baristas
- Optional retailer tie ins – for example, our recent activation at Geelong Central had vouchers for parents to get a free babyccino for their little one at nearby Degani Cafe with any coffee purchase
What type of event is best?
A large indoor space – such as a centre court location or a vacant tenancy – is recommended.
- Centre court location
- A large, vacant tenancy activation
- Large events
- Featured activity at a museum or large library space
- School holiday programs
- End-of-year school events
- A minimum 9 x 9m or equivalent area
- Indoor or undercover attraction only
Need more info?
The Village Green is an extremely flexible activation that can easily be tailored to suit your centre or space. Perhaps tie it to a themed retail event, or encourage retailers to jump on board with a special offer to encourage parents to visit their store after playtime. Feel free to drop us a line to have a chat about all the options at [email protected]