The Big Build: Under Construction
What is it?
Kids love building, whether it’s using blocks or creating cubby houses. The Big Build: Under Construction hones in on that love. It gives tiny tradies the chance to build the BIG ideas housed in their mini imaginations on their very own construction site (a safe one, of course!).
The space features a site office where little ones sign in and collect their high-vis vest and hard hat. They then venture off to the ‘Architect’s Office’ (stocked with kids’ design books) to plan their big project.
With their design in hand, they can collect their life-size cardboard GiGi Bloks and get to work creating skyscrapers, shops, mazes, forts and just about anything else they can think of!
On-hand are two helpful educators fitted out as site workers to assist; or they can holler for help from their Project Manager (aka parent or guardian)!
- Sign-in & Architect’s office – For hard hats and hi-vis vest collection,and to plan their big project
- Construction themeing – Additional props such as temporary fencing, bollards and flags
- Two educators dressed as site workers – To assist kids with their planning and building needs
- Optional extras – For the real littlies we can add a table stocked with Mega blocks
- Can tie to an existing theme – Perhaps to coincide with a large home and outdoor sale, or to feature alongside a housing company/new development display
- Value activity – Kids and parents take their time when building and are also willing to travel for the event
- High social media shares – Why wouldn’t you with all those cute tiny tradies running around?!
What do people love about it?
The Big Build: Under Construction is always a hit with both young and old. Mums, Dads, Grandpas, Grandmas, big kids, small kids – you name it! All love getting involved and help their tiny tradies bring their ideas to life.
What type of event is best?
The Big Build: Under Construction is great for most larger-sized retail activation spaces. As building and architecture is always so popular, it can be used at any time of the year to fill up empty space and draw a crowd.
- A large, vacant tenancy activation
- Large events
- Featured activity at a museum
- School holiday programs
- End-of-year school events
- A minimum 10 x 10 m area
- Indoor attraction only
Need more info?
If you’re interested in hearing more about this interactive activation, email us at [email protected].