School holidays see a swell in ‘little people’ at shopping centres. As such, centre managers are always on the hunt for new, enticing activations to keep the little ones engaged.
Our client, Market Square, Geelong was in the mood for a little dinosaur action. We were more than happy to oblige!
What did we deliver?
Most young ones go through a dinosaur phase (and some never grow out of it!). Drawing on this love of all things prehistoric, we created a two-pronged activation – The Jurassic Safari and Dino Den.
Both pop-up play experiences were designed to cater for a wide range of ages, from the very little to the very big. The Jurassic Safari was a ‘roarsome’ interactive zone that gave young and old the chance ride a baby dinosaur see if they could tame them.
The second area – Dino Den –was all about getting those creative juices flowing with different arts and craft activities each day. A key feature was our ability to partner with
How did it work?
The Jurassic Safari was decked out to mimic prehistoric times with lots of jungle foliage and a 5.5m high Brontosaurus to greet budding palaeontologists. They could hop on board their own baby ride-on Brontosaurus to see if they could tame them. With three sizes on offer, anyone aged 2 and up could have a go (and they sure did from parents to police officers!).
The Dino Den featured a range of arts and crafts activities from different centre retailers. They included:
- Paper plate dinos with products from Riot Art and Craft
- Dinosaur fossil making with clay from Kaisercraft
- Dinosaur snot slime with products from Riot Art and Craft
- Small world dinosaur play with toys & playdoh from Toy World
- Dinosaur construction with LaQ, Japan’s most popular STEM construction toy
Key features of The Jurassic Safari & Dino Den activation
- Bright jungle theming with soaring life-size Brontosaurus to welcome visitors
- 2 distinct zones – active & creative
- Range ofinteractive activities on each day with retailer products
- Two educators/supervisors in each zone to guide children & enhance their experience
- Retailer tie-in– Degani Cafegave away free dino shakes; green milkshakes topped with cream and green sprinkles
- Dinosaur Sneezes– we created canapes of green fairy floss, spruiking them as dinosaur sneezes. They were hugely popular, especially with the adults!
What did it achieve?
Both areas were at capacity at almost all times of the day, with lots of people also stopping to take a peek at all the dinosaur fun.
By far the most popular activity – aside from riding dinosaurs! – was creating dino snot. Kids had an absolute ball mixing together their green, slimy concoctions, stretching them out as wide as they could with plenty of giggles and squeals resulting! Multi-pronged activation – this activation had SO much to offer and as such, kids and parents enjoyed prolonged stays and visited more than once. Kids could choose to be active, or simply enjoy some quiet, creative time and let their little imaginations roam free.
Need more info?
The Jurassic Safari and Dino Den
But if you’d like to find out more now, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!