It was Easter School holiday time and our client, Market Square, Geelong needed a retail activation for their centre court location to keep the little (and slightly bigger!) ones busy.
What did we deliver?
Kids love building, whether it’s using blocks or creating cubbyhouses. We created The Big Build: Under Construction to hone in on that love. It gave tiny tradies the chance to have their very own construction site (a safe one, of course!) so they could build the BIG designs housed in their mini imaginations.
The space featured a site office where little ones could sign in and collect their high-vis vest and hard hat. They could then use the ‘Architect’s Office’ (stocked with kids’ design books) to plan their big project.
With their design in hand, it was off to collect their life-size cardboard GiGi Bloks and get to work creating skyscrapers, shops, mazes, forts and just about anything else they could think of!
On-hand were two helpful educators fitted out as site workers to assist.
- Construction site – featuring sign-in, hi-vis vests & hard hat collection
- Architect’s office – for planning and education purposes stocked with books on building, kids’ architecture & design
- Stacks of child-safe GiGi Bloks – for kids to create their construction wonder
- Additional Mega blocks & table – to keep those very tiny fingers & hands occupied
- Construction themeing – additional props such as temporary fencing, bollards & flags
- 2 educators dressed as site workers – to help kids with their planning & building needs
What did it achieve?
The Big Build: Under Construction was a hit! The site was literally a hive of activity the whole time. It drew children of all ages from the littlest ones (who loved using the smaller Mega blocks) to bigger ones equipped with just-as-big ideas. There was also a large amount of ‘Project Managers’ (aka parents/guardians) joining in the fun too!
Need more info?
The Big Build: Under Construction is great for most larger-sized retail activation spaces. As building and architecture is always so popular, it can be used at any time of the year to fill up empty space and draw a crowd.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this interactive activation, email us at email@example.com.