C’mon down to Hero Town!
Our client, Market Square Shopping Centre in Geelong, requested some school holiday entertainment for a vacant tenancy activation that was:
- superhero themed
- interactive and,
- beyond the average-run-of-the-mill arts & crafts
What did we deliver?
Well, Hero Town came to the rescue! And it ticked all the brief boxes along the way …
How did it work?
Hero Town is a special place you go to make all your super hero dreams come true. And let’s face, whether you’re big or small, we’d all love to be a super hero – even if it’s only for one day!
At our Hero Town activation, we incorporated numerous visual and tactile elements to encourage children to explore their creativity skills, whether it was getting dressed up as their favourite super heroes; building and decorating their own ‘superhero’ lair using Crazy Forts construction kits; or even coming up with an innovative name for their masterpieces.
Another important part of our activation was our social media competition. We encouraged parents to snap a pic and upload to Instagram using the #HeroTown or to the shopping centre’s Facebook page. The prize for the best shot on each platform was a $50 shopping centre voucher.
Key features of Hero Town activation
- Bright decals plastered all over the shopping centre floor, leading the way to Hero Town
- Clothes rack with over 20 capes & masks so kids could get all ‘Heroed Up’
- A photo backdrop for those all-important memory makers (ie photos!)
- Colourful superhero theming including greenery for a village feel
- Fake grass so the littlies could safely crawl around
- Pre-made ‘Superhero Houses’ encouraging kids to have some imaginative play before embarking on their build
- Multiple Crazy Forts stations, both structured & unstructured – kids had the choice of following instructions to make an architecturally-designed fort or go bespoke and bring their own creation to life (very easy due to simple Crazy Fort design)
- Two educators/supervisors to help the kids turn their fort dreams into reality and also give the parents a break
What did it achieve?
Anything superhero related is always a BIG hit and this shopping centre activation was no exception.
Some key outcomes:
- Parents had options – they could join in the creating fun (and many did!) or relax in comfort in an adjacent area while watching their children play safely.
- The right space – the large vacant tenancy space gave us ample room to allow kids to explore their creativity without getting in each other’s way.
- Active activation – the whole space was jumping with activity. They kids really seemed to thrive in the environment and their creativity was off the scale, particularly in fort design and naming.
- Social media buzz – the competition was key in achieving a spike in social media traffic to both our Instagram page and Market Square’s Facebook page.
Need more info?
If you’re interested in hearing more about Hero Town for retail entertainment and shopping centre activations, email us at email@example.com. We have plenty more events for shopping centres so feel free to explore our Centretainment page too.