Our client, National Geographic needed a brand activation unlike anything we’ve done before to create awareness for their ground-breaking global TV series Mars.
It needed to be:
- set up in an iconic, high-traffic location
- a highly interactive form of entertainment
- experiential in nature
What did we deliver?
In Here comes Mars! we used cutting-edge VR technology to enable wanna-be astronauts to experience their very own Mars landing. Our ‘rocket ship’ landed in the grounds of one of Melbourne’s most recognisable tourist attractions, Federation Square, to deliver one of our most popular Melbourne experiential events.
How did it work?
To create Here comes Mars! we used a 36-foot submarine simulator. We altered the facade to look like a space rocket, incorporating the same colour tones as the TV series branding. Knowing the ride had an internal capacity of 24, we used individual VR headsets and keyed them up to play an immersive video of a Mars landing, plus an introduction to the NatGeo series. We also employed the services of a head driver and presenter to guide participants on board their journey.
Key features of the Here comes Mars! brand activation
- 36 foot rocket simulator branded according to NatGeo’s Mars TV Series
- 24 seat capacity allowed for a high-number of excited participants per ride
- a FREE 5 minute moving & immersive ride experience
- a driver to guide participants throughout their journey
- individual VR headsets loaded up with branded content & Mars landing visuals
- promotional staff decked out in astronaut costumes from the series to encourage people to jump on-board
- high traffic iconic location – Melbourne’s Federation Square
What did it achieve?
Thanks to Matt Damon’s stellar performance in the Golden-Globe winning movie The Martian, anything to do with the red planet goes down a treat. And this immersive branded activation was no exception, with hordes of people lining up to get a Mars-hit.
Along with plenty of happy Martians emerging from the ride, NatGeo enjoyed oodles of exposure for its upcoming series – which was, after all, the main aim of the activation!
Need more info?
Got your own desire to sojourn to the red planet? We’ll happily meet that with Here comes Mars! This experiential activation is suitable for any large event or retail location and can easily be branded according to your individual needs.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this interactive entertainment or bespoke branded experiential activations, email us at [email protected]. Don’t forget to head on over to our Centretainment page for a host of other options too.